Best bits of Barcelona
- Food. Did someone say food? I am the biggest foodie out there! That’s probably why it’s a constant struggle for me to try and eat clean (No, I am not one of those D*CKS who goes on about how much they love healthy food). My biggest problem is I love bread, pasta and more bread! When I am eating clean though I always feel so much better, less bloated and I have more energy, so even though I may not LOVE the idea of eating the right foods I do appreciate the benefits of doing so. There are two times a year I eat whatever I want – Christmas and summer holidays. I think when you go on holidays you need to let loose, enjoy your time and not worry about what you’re eating, plus how are you supposed to enjoy all the cuisines that are on offer if you’re miserably counting calories? One of my favorite dishes from Barcelona is paella so I ordered it at every given opportunity. I also love tapas, I love sharing food and having a variety of different foods to sample. My favourite tapas to order are the potato bravas, if you’re a potato lover like me you will love this, served with a Spanish style salsa and garlic aioli sauce.
- Nightlife. Barcelona is famous for its bars and clubs and it’s the largest metropolis in the Mediterranean so it’s no wonder that it is one of the most popular destination for holidays makers all year round. According to Hostelworld Barcelona is the number one place to party in Europe. This I can agree with!! This is only my second time in Barcelona and each trip was filled with jam packed epic party nights.
- City. Gaudi is arguably one of Barcelona’s most infamous and celebrated Architects. But the city’s architecture is also heavily influenced by the Romans, Visigoths and the Moors. Barcelona’s style is unique in comparison to other major cities, the use of vibrant colours and the unorthodox characteristic of the buildings, beautifully integrates the old and the new throughout the city. One of the main reasons I love visiting Barcelona is to see it’s nonconformist city sights.
- Beach. Nicki Minaj once sang “Let’s go to the beach, each Let’s go get away”….. There’s not many major cities in the world that boast beautiful beaches and scenic mountains. According to the National Geographic Barcelona is the best beach city in the world! Pretty impressive huh? Funny enough the beaches were almost non existent before the 1992 Olympics! Before the Olympics most of Barcelona’s coastline was dominated by industrial factories. Now there is more than 4 Km of beautiful golden beaches that are only minutes away from the city center.
- Fashion. They say money can’t buy style well if it could I would be first in line to buy the Catalonia casual chic style. I just love the neutral unpledged style of the Catalan’s. Their clever mix of vintage and contemporary pieces with minimalist hair and makeup really proves that less is more! My favorite Spanish high street stores are Zara, Mango, Bershka and Stradivarius.
Ray-Ban Aviator Classic Sunglasses
Penny’s suede fringe flats
Topshop Chelsea Boots
Short from Topshop, similar one available at MISSGUIDED
Zara Denim shorts
Nike Air Max 90 Trainers
Marc by Marc Jacobs Bag
I hope you enjoyed this post guys!
Best wishes Nelly Says x x